FBI Full Form | What is the Full Form of FBI
FBI Full Form - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- FBI stands for Federal Bureau of Investigation. It had been formed on 26th July, 1908 as agency which belongs to the US Department of Justice.
- Initially, it had been established as a name of Bureau of Investigation in 1908 but later in 1935, it had been changed to Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- The director of FBI is appointed by U.S. President and therefore the appointment is confirmed by the Senate. The present director of FBI, as of August 2017, is Christopher Wray.
Full Form of FBI
- FBI is headquartered in Washington D.C. in J. Edgar Hoover Building.
- The main agenda of FBI is to seem after and maintain law and order within the US by protecting the country from terrorist attacks, high-technology crime, and cyber crimes and protect civil rights.
- It also provides investigative expertise, intelligence, and training to domestic and international agencies and partners.
Main functional branches
- FBI National Security Branch
- FBI science and Technology Branch
- FBI Intelligence Branch
- FBI Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch
- FBI Human Resources Branch
- FBI Information and Technology Branch
Main Functional Branches
How to Become FBI an Agent
- The candidate must have American citizenship, a four-year degree, and will be between the ages of 23 and 39. Furthermore, he shouldn't have any type of criminal record. Only around 10% applicants are selected by FBI.
- After the choice, the candidate undergoes a rigorous training at the FBI academy in Quantico, Va.
- The Academy has a forensic and research lab, a garage, firing ranges, driving track, gymnasium, library etc.
- It also has a fake town named Hogan's Alley for training purposes.