UNDP Full Form | Full Form of UNDP
UNDP Full Form - United Nations Development Programme
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following UNDP related questions: full form of undp , what is the full form of undp , full form of undp in economics , what is full form of undp
United Nations Development Programme
- UNDP stands for United Nations Development Programme. It works in additional than 170 countries and territories with an aim to eradicate poverty and stop inequalities and exclusion.
- It assists countries in developing policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, and build resilience to sustain development results.
- The UNDP is headed by an administrator who oversees a 36-member Executive Board which comprises both developing and developed countries.
- It’s headquartered in New York City. Since 1951 UNDP is functioning in India mostly in all areas of human development like systems and institutional strengthening, inclusive growth, sustainable energy, livelihoods, energy, and resilience.
- UNDP focuses on three major areas which require different types of support:
- To eradicate poverty altogether its forms and dimensions.
- To accelerate structural transformations for sustainable development.
- Climate and disaster resilience.
- UNDP helped over 100 countries eliminate more than 67000 tonnes of ozone-depleting substances each year, together with reducing 5.08 billion tonnes of CO2 equivalent greenhouse gas emissions.
- It’s also a member of the Coalition's HFC initiative. It’s supported several HFC emissions assessments and feasibility studies in developing countries to manage and tackle the use of dangerous HFC.