ISD Full Form | Full Form of ISD
ISD Full Form - International Subscriber Dialing
International Subscriber Dialing
- ISD stands for International Subscriber Dialing. It's also called International Direct Dialing (IDD).
- This term describes an international call made by an individual without relying on the telephone operator.
- ISD is assigned to each country. It's a selected number.
- A subscriber has got to add this code before the individual's phone number to make any international call.
- In 1957 the first transatlantic direct dial telephone call was made to her penpal, Ann Morsley, in Dedham, Essex, by Sally Reed in Dedham, Massachusetts.
- The International Numbering Plan for Telephones provides a country code as an item. Country codes are necessary if someone is dialling a phone number to form a call to a foreign nation.
- Nation codes are dialled before the National phone number. By contract, the international phone numbers are constructed with ‘+ sign’ before the nation code.
ISD Call Rates
- ISD calls are the most expensive calls to form as these are the International calls.
- But few years back these calls are such a lot expensive that most of the people avoid forming an ISD call or speaking just few important words. But lately ISD calls are way cheaper compare to older times.
- As we all know most ISD calls made from India to USA and Canada. For these countries ISD rates are minimum for the most of telecom operators.
Other Full forms of ISD
- ISD : International Society of Dermatology
- ISD : Indiana School for the Deaf
- ISD : International School of Design
- ISD : International School Dhaka
- ISD : Instructional System Design