TLC Full Form in Medical | Full Form of TLC
TLC Full Form - Total Lung Capacity
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following TLC related questions: full form of tlc , tlc full form , tlc full form in medical
Total Lung Capacity
- TLC stands for Total Lung Capacity. It’s the most amount of air contained in the lungs at the end of a maximal inspiration, e.g. the air contained in the lungs when they are fully inflated.
- TLC is the sum of Tidal Volume, Inspiratory Reserve Volume, Expiratory Reserve Volume, Residual Volume.
E.g. TLC = TV + IRV + ERV + RV.
- The average total lung capacity of a healthy person is about 6 liters of air.
- Tidal Volume (TV) :
- The number of air that you breathe in and out during normal, relaxed breathing. It’s usually around 500 ml of air.
- Inspiratory Reserve Volume (IRV) :
- The additional air that you just can forcibly breathe into your lungs after you breathe in the tidal volume in normal breathing. It’s about 3,100 ml of air.
- Expiratory Reserve Volume (ERV) :
- The extra air that you can forcibly breathe out after you breathe out the tidal volume in normal breathing. It’s about 1200 ml of air.
- Residual Volume (RV) :
- The air left in the lungs after you breathe out the maximum amount as air as you’ll, e.g. air contained in the lungs after you breathe out the expiratory reserve volume (ERV). It’s about 1200 ml of air.