SATA Full Form | Full Form of SATA
SATA Full Form - Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following SATA related questions: full form of sata , full form of sata in computer , full form of sata cable , full form of sata , full form of sata in computer
Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
- Full Form of SATA is an interface used to connect mass memory device to the motherboard of a computer.
- It also Controls and transform the data from mass storage i.e; a hard-disk. The primary version SATA 1.0 was released on August. SATA is an Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE).
- It is a replacement of PATA and is much better in use. Gradually PATA is disappearing as SATA gives a lot of advantage over PATA.
SATA vs PATA
Sata vs Pata
- SATA uses one bus to hold data unlike PATA which uses separate wires to hold data. SATA also offers higher speed then PATA and is more compatible to use.
- It also consumes less power as compared to PATA and as a result produces less heat. SATA wire can extend upto 1meter while PATA can extend to 40cm only.
- One major physical difference is that SATA has two connectors, one for power and other to attach the data. Whereas, PATA uses a large connector with a lot of pin for data and four pin to attach power.
Usage of SATA
- To attach hard drive to Motherboard.
- To attach hard drive to hard drive.
- ATA and ATAPI Devices.
- ExternalSATA (eSATA)