NCC Full Form | Full Form of NCC
NCC Full Form - National Cadet Corps
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following NCC related questions: full form of NCC, what is full form of NCC, what is the full form of NCC, full form of NCC and NSS.
National Cadet Corps
- NCC stands for National Cadet Corps. It’s the Military cadet corps of India that gives basic training to the scholars of faculties and colleges.
- It comprises Army, Navy and Air Force. It aims to groom students into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
- It’s headquartered in Delhi and its directorates are located in several states of India.
- As of the July 2017, Lt Gen Vinod Vashisht is that the Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- The official song of NCC is titled "Ham Sabh Bhartiya Hain". It’s written by Sudarshan Faakir. The trained NCC students aren't susceptible to join active military services after completing the training.
Unity and Discipline
- The Motto of NCC is "Unity and Discipline".
- In living up to its motto, it acts as a cohesive force of the state that brings together the youth hailing from different parts of the country and grooms them into united, secular and disciplined citizens of the state.
- The existing NCC flag was introduced in 1954. It’s three colors: Red, navy and lightweight Blue.
- These colors depict the three services of the Corps, i.e. red represents the military, deep blue represents the Navy and therefore the light blue represents the Air Force. In the centre, it's three letters NCC encircled by a garland of lotus.
- The activities of NCC are guided by core values, a number of which are as follows:
- Respect for the range in religion, language and culture within the country.
- Respect for Indian Constitution and commitment to contribute to national development.
- Ability to become a part of community development and social programmers.
- A healthy life style free from drug abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitive towards poor and socially disadvantaged citizens.
- Honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice and diligence.
- Respect the knowledge, wisdom and concepts
- It was first started in Germany in 1666.
- In the early 1940s, Pandit Hradaya Nath Kunjru suggested the established of a cadet organization in schools and colleges at the National Level in India.
- It came into existence in India on 15 July 1948 after the National Cadet Corps Act was accepted by the governor.
- In 1948, Girl Division of NCC was established to supply equal opportunities to high school and college going girls.
- In 1950, the Air Wing was added and in 1952, the Naval Wing was added to NCC.
- In 1963, after the 1962 Sino-Indian war, the NCC training was made compulsory.
- In 1968, it again became voluntary.
- NCC cadets served as the second line of defence during 1965 Indo-Pakistan war and 1971 Bangladesh-Pakistan war.