DRDO Full Form | Full Form of DRDO
DRDO Full Form - Defence Research and Development Organization
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following DRDO related questions, full form of DRDO ,what is the full form of DRDO , what is full form of DRDO , full form of DRDO and ISRO
Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO)
- DRDO stands for Defence Research and Development Organization.
- It's workplace of the Republic of India, liable for the military's research and development.
- It had been established in 1958 by the merger of the then Technical Development Establishment and therefore the Directorate of Technical Development and Production with the Defence Science Organization (DSO).
- It's headquartered in New Delhi and is under the executive control of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- As of Nov 2016, Dr. S Christopher is that the Director General of DRDO and Dr. G.S. Reddy is that the Scientific Advisor to the Defence Minister.
- DRDO aims to form India prosperous by providing world-class science and technology base and to supply the country Defence Services decisive edge by providing competitive systems and solutions.
- To develop state-of-the-art sensors, weapon systems, and allied equipment for our Defence Services.
- To provide technological solutions to the Defense Services to optimize combat effectiveness and promote the well-being of the troops.
- To develop infrastructure, quality manpower and powerful indigenous technology base.
Today, it's more than 50 laboratories which are deeply involved in developing defence technologies including various disciplines like armaments, aeronautics, electronics, combat vehicles, engineering systems, missiles, instrumentations, engineering systems, naval systems, etc.
At the present, the organization has more than 5000 scientists and around 25,000 other technical and supporting personnel.
Primary Focuses of DRDO
- DRDO aims to enhance self-reliance in Defense Systems and to work intensively towards development and style.
- It’s leading to the assembly of world-class weapons tools and devices in alignment with the number and quality criteria set by the three services, respectively. Navy, Army, and Air Force.
- DRDO is an in depth network of laboratories dedicated to the event of defensive technology and multiple places of military technology, like fighting vehicles, missiles, armaments, aeronautics, sensors, advanced computing and & Simulation, instrumentation, computer systems, unique materials, training, naval system, information systems, agriculture & life sciences.
Key Functions/ Activities
- Apprise and advise RakshaMantri about the influence of emerging developments in Science and Technology on National Security.
- Render advice to RakshaMantri and to the three services on all scientific aspects of weapons, weapon-platforms, military operations, etc.
- Formulate and execute programmes of research project and development within the relevant fields associated with national security.
- Direct and administer the agencies, laboratories, facilities, ranges, projects and programmes of the Department.
- Participate within the acquisition and evaluation proceedings of all weapon systems and related technologies proposed to be acquired by the Ministry of Defence.
- Financial and other material assistance to institutions, universities etc for study and training of manpower on aspects of Science and Technology associated with national security.