PGDM Full Form | Full Form of PGDM
PGDM Full Form - Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
- It's a two year full time management course offered by many institutes in India.
- This course is often divided in 4 or 6 semesters depending upon the various institutes and their curriculum.
- The institutes, running PGDM courses in India are approved by AICTE , under the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The course structure and subjects of PGDM is nearly almost like MBA.
- The only difference between them is that MBA provides a degree while PGDM may be a Post Graduate Diploma.
- PGDM programs might not be affiliated to any university so it shouldn't be considered as a degree course.
Eligibility criteria for PGDM course
- The following are the eligibility requirements for the PGDM course that the applicants should satisfy,
- An applicant must be a graduate from a prestigious college or university.
- Applicants should have graduation scores atleast of 50%.
- Applicants who received marks of but 50% would have appeared for a series of entry tests to get a seat in their preferred university.
Subjects in PGDM
- Following may be a list of some commonest subjects in PGDM across all institutes in India.
- Human resources
- Operations management
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management etc.
- In the last semester, the students of PGDM choose a topic for specialization consistent with their interest.
Some of the highest Institutes providing PGDM course in India
- Balaji Institute of Mordern Management ( BIMM )
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research ( SIMSR )
- Xavier Institute of Management
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research
- Institute of Management Technology( IMT)
- International Management Institute ( IMI )
- Regional College of Management ( RCM)
- Welingkar Institute of Management
- ITM graduate school
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration( LIBA )
- Great Lakes Institute of Management