IL & FS Full Form | Full Form of IL & FS
IL & FS Full Form - Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services
Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services
- IL&FS stands for Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services. It's a number one infrastructure development and finance company in India.
- It aims to play a serious role within the growth of country by developing innovative world-class infrastructure and providing value-added financial services.
- It had been established in 1987, promoted by the central bank of India (CBI), housing development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) and unit trust of India (UTI).
- As of October 2017, Ravi Parthasarathy is that the Chairman of IL&FS.
- As of 2011, it's around 250 group companies to supply services in several sectors.
A number of these sectors and therefore the respective companies are as follows:
- IL&FS Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited.
- IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited: Responsible for the event and implementation of surface transport projects like highways, flyovers, bridges etc.
- IL&FS Environmental Infrastructure & Services Limited.
- IL&FS Education and Technology Services Limited for education infrastructure development.
- Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited (an SPV established to construct, develop, operate and maintain the DND Flyway to attach Noida with Delhi).
- IL&FS Financial Services Limited: The Investment Banking Arm of IL&FS
- IL&FS Investment Managers Limited
- ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services Limited
- IL&FS Trust Company Limited (ITCL)
- IL&FS Technology Ltd.
- IL&FS has completed various projects in several sectors like transportation, e-governance, power, finance, water, education, urban infrastructure etc. A number of its popular projects are as follows:
- Helped in implementing world's largest CDM power project within the North East.
- India's first large-scale PPP water system project and therefore the world’s largest ZLD system.
- K-Yan : A transportable multimedia device to facilitate community-learning particularly in rural India.
- India's longest and safest road tunnel along the Jammu-Srinagar highway.
- Helped restore a 300-year old water palace (Jal Mahal) in Rajasthan.
- Medical Care in Cuddalore through static clinic and mobile medical unit.
- Provides Industrial Stitching Training to women.
- Helping women farmers in J&K through improved seeds, playhouses, drip irrigation system etc.
- Supporting hill agriculture through modern techniques like drip irrigation, vermicomposting, tray nurseries and plastic mulching etc.
- Installed solar lights in villages within the Himalayas in the catchment areas of its projects.
- Launched Digital Duniya project for the students of rural communities within the catchment areas of its project to bridge the digital gap between rural and urban students.