NAC Full Form | Full Form of NAC
NAC Full Form - Network Access Control
Network Access Control
- NAC stands for Network Access Control; also referred to as network admission control.
- It deals with network management and security that implements security policy, compliance, and management of access control to a network.
- It’s essential to secure the devices attached to a network.
- The network devices contain communication and computing equipment, if they're not secure, it can affect the whole network and its resources. So, it's a network solution that permits only compliant, authenticated endpoint devices and nodes to access network resources and infrastructure.
- Furthermore, it also controls and monitors their activity once they're on the network. Thus, it helps enterprises implement policies for controlling devices and user access to their networks.
- NAC allows private organizations to enhance the security of their network by restricting the availability of network resources to endpoint devices that suits the organization security policy. So, it's a way of strengthening the safety of a patented network by restricting the availability of network resources to endpoint devices that follow the defined security policy.
- Furthermore, NAC can restrict data that users can access and implements anti-threat applications like firewalls, antivirus software, etc.
- It also can regulate the items that a subscriber can do once he or she is connected.
- A typical network access controls scheme comprises two main components Restricted Access and Network Boundary Protection.
- Access to a network are often restricted by user authentication and authorization control. The user authentication involves to identify and authenticate different users to the network system.
- Authorization is that the process of granting or denying specific access permissions to protected resources.
- Network Boundary Protection involves the monitoring and controlling the connectivity of networks.
- For ex, the firewalls are often wont to prevent unauthorized access to a network system also as intrusion detection and prevention technologies are often set up to prevent attacks from the internet.