LOC Full Form | Full Form of LOC
LOC Full Form - Line of Control
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following LOC related questions, LOC full form , LOC full form in English , LOC full form in army , full form of LOC , what is the full form of LOC
Line of Control
- LOC stands for Line of Control. It's a 740 km long occupation line or border which separates the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) from the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India.
- The road is usually covered with heavy coils of pointed wire; a type of fence put in place by the Indian army.
- The road is guarded by the check posts of Indian army within the Indian side of the LOC and by Pakistani check-posts in the Pakistani side of the LOC.
Azad Jammu and Kashmir
- The parts of Kashmir that are occupied by Pakistan (POK) are called Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
- Remainder of the Kashmir is under the Indian control and called the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- LOC isn't a legally recognized international boundary; it's an actual border.
- Initially, it had been called a Cease-fire Line, but after the Shimla Agreement on 3 July 1972, it was re-designated because the "Line of Control".