ANM Full Form | What is the Full Form Of ANM
ANM Full Form - Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery
Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery
- ANM stands for Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery. It's a two-year undergraduate course or certification or diploma course in Medical Nursing.
- Its duration may vary from institute to institute, e.g., 1 to 3 academic years, including six months of the internship.
- The course aims to enable students to help the entire community of individuals by providing basic medical care and treatment.
- It's the healthcare profession that's focused on the care of people, families, and communities in order that they'll attain and maintain a healthy life from conception to death.
- ANM graduates can work in all kinds of healthcare organizations.
- Their job involves taking care of patients and assist doctors within the treatment of patients.
- The course is available in both modes, part-time also as full-time.
Eligibility for ANM Course
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 exam with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks.
- The candidate must be medically fit.
- Some colleges conduct entrance exams then interview for the admission of students in this course.
Top Institutes in India for ANM Course
- Some of the famous institutes offering ANM course in India are as follows:
- Bhava Institute of life science and Research, Bhubaneshwar
- Adarsh College of Nursing, Patiala
- Ambika College of Nursing, Mohali
- Bengal Institute of Health Science, Ludhiana
- Aarogyam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH), Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- Aastha School of Nursing, Maharashtra
- Amritsar School of Nursing, Punjab
Employment Areas after ANM Course
- Community Healthcare Centres
- Medical Content Writing
- Medical Labs
- Medical Colleges
- Nursing Homes or clinics
Jobs for ANM
- Application Specialist
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Healthcare Nurse
- Home Care Nurse
- ICU Nurse
- Nursing School Teacher
- Staff Nurse