AT&T Full Form | Full Form AT&T | What is the Full Form of AT&T
AT&T Full Form - American Telephone & Telegraph Company
American Telephone & Telegraph Company
- AT&T stands for American Telephone & Telegraph Company (AT&T Inc.).
- It's one among the most important telecommunication companies within the world.
- It's also the pioneer within the field of telecommunication and mobile industry.
- The corporate provides advanced mobile services, high-speed internet and next-generation TV for people and businesses. It's headquartered in Dallas, Texas, united states.
- AT&T was founded on October 5, 1983. Previously, it had been known as Southwestern Bell Corporation (1983-1995), and SBC Communications Inc. (1995 - 2005).
Products & Services
- Digital TV
- Satellite TV
- Fixed Line Telephone
- Mobile Telephone
- Wireless Service
- Internet Service
Products And Services
- The history of AT & T starts with the invention of the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876. After Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he and his financial supporters, Gardiner Hubbard and Thomas Sanders established Bell Telephone Company in 1877.
- In 1885, AT & T was incorporated as a subsidiary of Bell Telephone Company to determine the long-distance telephone network.
- In 1889, AT & T acquired the Bell and have become the parent company.
- In 1927, AT&T launched long-distance telephone company to London.
- In 1956, it launched the submarine cable service to increase its services to Europe.
- It 1964, it offered first Transpacific cable service.
- Kingsbury Commitment that empowered the AT&T Company to act as a monopoly was overturned in 1982. It resulted within the breakup of AT&T Company into seven smaller divisions.
- After the breakup, AT&T Company started its operations as Southwestern Bell Corporation.
- In 1995, Southwestern Bell Corp was renamed SBC Communications Inc.
- In 2005, SBC Communications Inc. acquired the former parent company, AT&T Corp and have become AT&T Inc.