WHO Full Form | Full Form of WHO
WHO Full Form - World Health Organization
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following WHO related questions: full form of who , what is the full form of who , full form of who in science , who full form
World Health Organization
- WHO stands for World Health Organization. It's a specialized organization of the United Nations that aims to promote international public health. Its goal is to make sure healthier future for people across the world.
- Its offices in more than 150 countries and it works together with governments and other partners to enhance the health of the people.
- Since its inception, it had been actively involved within the eradication of smallpox. At the present, it's working to stop and cure infectious diseases like HIV and influenza and noncommunicable ones like cancer, heart, lungs and kidney problems.
- It's also concerned with quality of the air, water, medicines, vaccines, etc.
- The current Director General of WHO is Tedros Adhanom. He started his five-year term on 1 July 2017. The organization has implemented the world Health Survey (a health statistics and knowledge system).
- It also regularly produces the world Health Report (WHR) and sponsors the world Health Day; a worldwide health awareness day celebrated on 7 April of each year.
- WHO was established on 7 April 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. It's also the member of the United Nations Development Group. Its first session was held on 4-5 October 1948 in India within the office of the Indian Minister of Health.
- India is additionally a member state of the WHO South East Asia Region. As of November 2015, Mr. Henk Bekedam is that the WHO Representative to India.
- To provide the leadership on global health matters.
- To guide and shape the health related research agenda.
- To provide technical support to countries and monitor and assess the health trends.
- Improving sanitation, nutrition, housing and work environment.
- Developing international standards for food, medicine and related products.
WHO has three different departments to perform its functions which are World Health Assembly, the chief board and therefore the secretariat. Thus, WHO is an intergovernmental organization that's determined to watch the state of world’s health and take necessary steps to boost the world health.