AIAAA Full Form | What is the full form of AIAAA
AIAAA Full Form - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Here, you’ll get the solution of following AIAAA related questions: full form of AIAAA , what is the full form of AIAAA .
- AIAAA stands for American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. It's a number one technical society based in America, dedicated to the Global Aerospace Profession and Aerospace Engineering.
- It had been established in 1963 by the merger of two aerospace societies:
- The American Rocket Society (ARS)
- Institute of the Aerospace Sciences (IAS).
- AS of 2015, it's over 30,000 individual members and 95 corporate members. Its mission is to advance and encourage the longer term of aerospace for the advantage of humanity.
- Its tagline is "Shaping the future of Aerospace".
History of AIAAA
The AIAAA was built up in 1963 by the combination of two past associations: the American Rocket Society (ARS), set up in 1930 because the American Interplanetary Society (AIS), and as the Institute of Aerospace Science (IAS), found out in 1932 as the Aeronautical Science Institute. Paul Johnston was the first official executive director of the organization.
- AIAA published various technical journals which help students and professionals to stay current on the latest aerospace research and development. Some of its popular journals are as follows:
- Journal of Air Transportation (started in 2016)
- Journal of Aircraft ( 1964-current)
- Journal of Aerospace Information Systems (2004 - current)
- Journal of Energy (1977-1983)
- Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics (1978-current)
- Journal of Hydronautics (1967 - 1980)
- Journal of Propulsion and Power (1985-current)
- Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets( 1964 - current)
- Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer (1987-current)
Awards of AIAA
AIAA offers various prestigious awards to people for the remarkable achievements within the field of astronautics. A number of the popular awards presented by AIAA are as follows:
- Goddard Astronautics Award :
- It's the very best honor bestowed by AIAA for remarkable achievement within the field of astronautics.
- Reed Aeronautics Award :
- This award is known as after Dr. Sylvanus A. Reed.
- Holt Ashley Award for Aeroelasticity :
- This award was named after Prof. Holt Ashley for his dedication towards the advancement of aerospace science and engineering.
- Missile Systems Award :
- This award is presented by AIAA during its Space and Astronautics Forum. It's generally presented in two categories: Technical and Management.
- Wyld Propulsion Award :
- This award is presented by AIAA annually for the remarkable achievement within the development of the appliance of rocket propulsion systems. It's named after James Hard Wyld to honour him for his achievements.