FTP Full Form | What is the Full Form of FTP
FTP Full Form - File Transfer Protocol
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following FTP Related Questions : full form of FTP , full form of FTP in computer , what is the full form of FTP , what is full form of FTP
- FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.
- FTP may be a standard network protocol wont to transfer files between computers (a client and server) over a TCP/IP network.
- It's a function of Application layer and built on client-server architecture.
- Client controls the conversation, while server transmits the file content.
- Browser acts as a client and starts the conversation by making some request on the server.
- Through FTP, a client can remove, download, delete, or upload files on a server.
How FTP Works
- FTP works within the same way as HTTP and SMTP.
- Users provide authentication by signing in.
- Although, some servers work as anonymous file transfer protocol means they supply their data without log in.
- When a client transfers a file to the server is named "Uploading" and server file transfer to client is named "Downloading".
- Thus, it's generally wont to download files from a server over the web and to upload files to a server using internet.
Active and Passive Connection Mode
- It works during a passive or active mode.
- In active mode, client initiates an invitation and server replies back via connecting data and transferring data.
- In passive mode, server uses command channel to send information to the client.
- Passive mode works well across Firewall and Network Address Translation (NAT) gateways.
- Nowadays, HTTP is usually used over FTP, whereas, FTP remains getting used to transfer some files like in building a website , to download new applications, via web browsers.
- The original FTP specification was written by AbhayBhushan.
- It had been published as RFC 114 on 16 April, 1971.
- In June 1980, it had been replaced by RFC 765.
- The present specification is RFC 959.
- The primary FTP applications were trusted DOS prompt.
- Later, various Graphical User Interface ( GUI ) clients are developed to permit user to upload and download file with ease.
Commonly Used FTP Clients
- FTP client is software designed to transfer files between computers using internet. Some FTP clients are given below:
- FileZila : It's a well-liked FTP client that's freely available for Windows, Macintosh and Linux users.
- Fire FTP : It's a plug-in for the favored Firefox browser . It are often used as a standalone FTP program.
- Dreamweaver : It are often purchased from Adobe. It a design program that has FTP access together of its features.