BCA Full Form and Subjects | Full Form of BCA Course | BCA Degree Full Form
BCA Full Form - Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) may be a 3 year undergraduate program in Computer applications. It’s a degree course offered by many universities and institutes in India.
- It’s considered like B.Tech/B.E in computer science. This course provides a sound academic base to students to help them pursue advanced career in computer application and information technology.
- It’s a perfect course for the students who want to form career in computer science and related fields.
- The course aims to satisfy the following objectives
- To provide a sound knowledge in key areas of computer science.
- To provide professional competence in developing software.
- To develop practical skills to solve the computer application's problems.
Core subjects of BCA
- This is a 3 year program and divided in 6 semesters. Following is that the list of core subjects of BCA.
1st Year : Semester - 1
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Programming Principles and Algorithms
- Computer Fundamental and Office Automation
- Business Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (OA+PPA)
1st Year : Semester - 2
- Organizational Behavior
- Elements of Statistics
- C Programming
- File Structure and Database Concepts
- Cost Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( C.P + DBMS )
2nd Year : Semester - 3
- Numerical Methods
- Data Structure using C
- Software Engineering
- Management Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( D.S + RDBMS )
2nd Year : Semester - 4
3rd Year : Semester - 5
3rd Year : Semester - 6
- Multimedia Systems
- Introduction to SysPro And Operating Systems
- Advance Java
- Project Work (Banking & Finance, Cost Analysis, Financial Analysis, Payroll, EDP, ERP etc.)
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (Multimedia + Advanced Java)
Minimum Criteria to get Admission in BCA
- You must have completed a minimum of 10+2 from a recognized board. Or a 2 or 3 year diploma after 10th.
- Along with this, some universities conduct entrance test to get admission in this course.
- After the completion of BCA, it's preferred to pursue an MCA degree for better career prospects.
- Then you'll work as a Software developer, Network administrator, database administrator, Web developer Trainer or Teacher etc.
- The rapid growth of IT industry has increased the demand of computer professionals in India and abroad. A number of the popular work profiles or designations offered to computer graduates are given below:
- System engineer :
- The job is to develop, test and evaluate circuits, softwares etc.
- Programmer :
- The job is to write down codes for the given software.
- Web developer :
- The job is to develop World Wide Web applications and to develop and maintain websites.
- Software developer :
- The job is to develop software and to install, test and maintain an equivalent.
- System Administrator :
- The job is to set up and maintain the system or server.
What is the opportunity after BCA ?
- There are many options after BCA graduation, such as obtaining MCA (Master of Computer Science), work as instructor or teacher in university, college or in school, work as a web designer, etc.