CRISIL Full Form | Full Form of CRISIL
CRISIL Full Form - Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited
- CRISIL stands for Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited.
- It's a worldwide analytic company providing ratings, research and risk and policy advisory services. Its headquarters is in Mumbai, India.
- Standard and Poor's (S&P) is that the majority shareholder of CRISIL so it's also called Standard & Poor’s company.
- As of 2017, Ms. Ashu Suyash is that the MD & CEO of the company.
Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited
- The analyses and solutions of CRISIL help investors, lenders, borrowers and regulators make correct decisions.
- It helps clients manage risks and generate more revenue by making right decisions associated with products, services and pricing. It also promotes economic process in emerging markets by shaping the public policies on infrastructure in these regions.
- Its mission is to provide independent opinions, actionable insights and effective solutions to make markets function better.
- It believes in integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. Today, CRISIL is serving more than 100, 000 customers across 86 countries.
- The company operates its business from 8 countries which include India, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Argentina, Poland, UK and also the USA.
Who CRISIL Serve
- CRISIL serves the entire spectrum of financial service players ranging from leading commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, consulting firms, private equity players, asset management companies to small companies and investors.
- The company also works with governments and policy-makers of a country. It helps its clients to form better investment and business decisions.
- CRISIL was incorporated and promoted by Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Ltd. ( ICICI ) and unit investment trust of India Ltd. (UTI) in 1987.
- In 1989, it became the first rating agency to rate the commercial paper Programme.
- In 1992, it became the first rating agency to rate the asset-backed securities and debt instruments of banks and other financial institutions.
- In 1992, it also provided the technical assistance to an Israeli Securities Rating Company, Malaysia Berhad and Maalot.
- In 1996, it entered into a strategic alliance with Standard and Poor's to develop its skills and processes.
- In May 2005, Standard and Poor's became the majority shareholder of CRISIL and CRISIL became the standard and Poor company.
- In 2010, it introduced land Star Ratings.
- In 2011, it launched education grading, solar grading and Gold and Gilt index.
- In 2012, it acquired a UK based company providing analytics to global investment banks.
- In 2013, it introduced CRISIL Foundation to increase the financial awareness and efforts towards conservation of the environment.
- In 2014, it rated first Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities of India and introduced the Fund Management Capability Ratings for the mutual fund.
- In 2015, it again launched a program related to environment conservation through employee volunteering.