HTML Full Form in Computer | HTML Full Form and Meaning
HTML Full Form - Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a hyper text terminology used to create sites.
- It’s written in the type of HTML elements. Hyperlink refers to a series of connections in a page to other pages.
- Markup language means tags are used to define the page layout and elements within the page. Its main focus is on the way to display information on sites, i.e. the webpage’s we see on the internet are written using HTML code.
- HTML documents are interpreted and displayed by web browsers. Some famous web browsers are: Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox , Opera , Safari , Internet Explorer etc.
- HTML was developed by Tim Berners-Lee in late 1990s.
- It was initially release in 1993. Till then, many HTML versions are released. Current HTML5 version is gaining popularity due to its several extensive features. Some of which are as follows:
- Video :
- The video element allows the users to stream video from an internet site.
- Figure :
- The figure element helps display visual content such as photos, illustrations, diagrams etc.
- Section :
- The section elements, like divs, help organize webpage content into thematic groups.
- NAV :
- It's used for that part of an internet site which is linked to other pages of the web site.
- Header :
- It allows to group together introductory elements on an internet site like logo, navigation items, search form etc.
- Footer :
- It's located at the bottom of a webpage. It generally contains copyright information, links to social media and navigation items.
Example of HTML document
Characteristics of HTML
- Easy to understand : It's the simplest language you'll say, very easy to understand this language and simple to develop.
- Flexibility : This language is so much flexible that you simply can create whatever you would like to design sites alongside the text.
- Linkable : You'll make linkable text like users can connect from one page to another page or website through these characteristics.
- Limitless Features : You can add videos, gifs, and pictures or sound anything you would like that may make the web site more attractive and understandable.
- Support : You'll use this language to display the documents on any platform like Windows , Linux or Mac .
Advantages of HTML
- HTML is a simple to learn, easy to use and it’s totally free you'll just need a text editor and a browser.
- HTML is supported by all the browsers and it's the most friendly search engine.
- HTML can easily integrate with other languages and simple to develop.
- It is the basic of all programming languages and also the lightest language ever.
Disadvantages of HTML
- HTML is used to create only static Web-page; It can't create dynamic web-page.
- There is Lack of security in HTML.
- Creating a simple Web-page required so many tags.
- HTML language isn't centralized i.e. all the web-pages that are connected, you've got to design them separately else need to use CSS