DOTS Full Form | Full Form of DOTS
DOTS Full Form - Directly Observed Therapy, Short Course
Directly Observed Therapy, Short Course
- The full form of DOTS is that the Directly Observed Therapy, Short-Course. It's also called TB - DOTS.
- It refers to a technique aimed at curing and reducing the danger of TB (tuberculosis) cases.
- During this technique, a healthcare practitioner or another suitable representative provides the recommended TB medications to tuberculosis patients and ensures that the patient takes every dose.
- If the patient left alone, then they'll fail to require any of the doses which will end in the spread of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
Main actions of dots
- Supplying the drug prescribed within the dots.
- Checking for medication-related side effects.
- To ensure that the patient swallows the drug.
- Detailing the visit.
- Answering TB & dots relevant queries.
Significance of dots
- Dots avoid the transition of TB to others.
- Dots reduce the probability of a treatment error.
- Dots allow patients to finish their treatment of tuberculosis as quickly and without interruption.
- The probability of drug-resistance tuberculosis resulting from ineffective therapy is decreased.
- Under dots, as reported, 85-90 percent of tuberculosis patients administered their medications properly, compared with 62 percent of TB patients who were on self-administered therapy.
- We cannot be sure that the patient will take the drug as guided; individuals can fail or have difficulty appropriately taking pills. Through dots, this problem is overcome.