ED Full Form | What is the Full Form of ED
ED Full Form - Enforcement Directorate
- ED stands for Enforcement Directorate. ( full form of ed )
- It's a law enforcement agency, which was established in 1956.
- It's liable for enforcement of the exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA), and certain provisions under the Prevention of cash Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002.
- It's headquartered in New Delhi, India.
ED Full Form
- ED enforces economic laws and fights economic crime in India.
- It resolves issues by adjudication and has provision for appeal in both acts and has its own courts for trails and its own appellate tribunals.
- The Enforcement Directorate is under the executive control of Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance.
- It's 10 Zonal Offices, which are headed by Deputy Directors, and has 11 sub Zonal Offices, which are headed by Assistant Directors.
Functions of the Enforcement Directorate ( full form of ED )
- To investigate the suspected violations of the provisions of the FEMA, like hawala transactions, export proceeds, non-realization of export proceeds, exchange violations, and other violations under FEMA.
- To collect, develop, and disseminate intelligence associated with violations of FEMA, 1999.
- Attachment of the assets of defaulters of FEMA which suggests prohibition of transfer, conversion, disposition or movement of property by an order issued under Chapter III of the cash Laundering Act (Section 2(1) (d)).
- To undertake actions like search, arrest, prosecution action and survey against offender of PMLA offence
- To settle cases of violations of the erstwhile FERA, 1973 and FEMA, 1999 and to make a decision penalties
- To arrest a person involved within the act of cash laundering and to prosecute a person involved within the act of cash laundering