IVR Full Form | Full Form of IVR
IVR Full Form - Interactive Voice Response
- IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response.
- Its automatic telephony systems that interacts with callers and take inputs from them and accordingly provides options or routes their calls to the recipients.
- It's designed to accept voice telephone input and touch-tone keypad selection and respond accordingly within the kind of voice, call back, email, and more.
- In short, it's a technology in which computers interact with humans through voice and DTMF keypad inputs.
Interactive Voice Response
- It allows users to access a database of data via phone.
- A typical IVR system contains pre-recorded options for the caller to settle on from.
- Some options may ask the caller to enter detailed information like phone no., account number, etc.
- For example, your telecom operator may have an IVR system that allows customers to call in and check their call balance, call rates, plan validity, offers, bills and up to date recharges, etc.
- Similarly, banks, credit card companies, D2H operators, allow their customers to access information about their accounts and receive up-to-date account information instantly and simply without having to talk on to an individual .
- Furthermore, it is often used for phone surveys, checking movie times, etc.
- The advanced IVR systems have speech recognition software that permits users to provide input within the type of spoken words.
- A typical IVR system comprises telephony equipment, software applications, a database, and supporting infrastructure.
- The company's telephone line is connected with the pc on which IVR software has been installed and finally hardware called a telephone board or telephony card is required.