IBM Full Form in Computer | Full Form of IBM in Computer
IBM Full Form - International Business Machines
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following IBM related questions: full form of IBM , full form of IBM in computer , what is full form of IBM , full form of IBM company , full form of IBM pc .
International Business Machines
- IBM stands for International Business Machines.
- It's a multinational technology and consulting organization which may be a trusted brand in IT sector.
- Its headquarters is in Armonk, New York and its current CEO is Ginni Rometty.
- The company manufactures hardware and software and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services.
- Its products are often divided into different categories like cloud, cognitive, data & analysis, IT infrastructure etc. Its services include Business, Mobility, networking, Resiliency services, security services, technical support services etc. Furthermore, it also offers various enterprise and business solutions.
- The logo of company "the 8 bar" is meant by Paul Rand. The company is additionally referred to as "Big Blue" due to the blue color its logo and products.
- IBM, sometimes mentioned as Big Blue, is one among 30 companies included within the Dow Jones Industrial Average and one among the world's largest employers, with over 352,600 employees as of 2019.
- A minimum of 70% of IBM employees, referred to as "IBMers", are based outside the US, with the most important number in India.IBM employees are awarded five Nobel Prizes, six Turing Awards, ten National Medals of Technology (USA) and five National Medals of Science (USA).
- The company was founded on June 16 1911, by Charles Ranlett Flint as the Computing Tabulating Recording Company (CTR). It had been the results of merger of three companies; Tabulating Machine Company, International Time Recording Company and Computing Scale Company.
- In 1914, Thomas J. Watson, Sr. from the National Cash Register Company joined the CTR.
- In 1924, the CTR was named as International Business Machines (IBM).
- In 1953, it introduced the first computer, IBM 701 defense calculator. It had been a general purpose computer.
- In 1957, IBM developed a programing language and named it FORTRAN .
- In 1933, IBM bought the patents for the electrical typewriter and produced an improved version of the typewriter in 1935.
- In 1956, the corporate introduced the first disk drive, the 305 RAMAC.
- In 1967, it introduced floppy disks and altered the way data was saved and moved.
- In 1970, IBM partnered with American Express and American Airlines and created first airline ticket vending kiosk.
- In 1972, it created the first ATM , the IBM 2984.
- IBM introduced the Universal Product Code (UPC) code. The code is that the identity of the product and therefore the vendor who sells the product. It had been first used in 1974, at a supermarket in Ohio.
- It developed magnetic strip technology and introduced magnetic strips on credit cards and driving licenses.
- In 1981, IBM introduced its first pc and named it IBM PC.
- In 2012, it had been ranked the second largest U.S. Company in terms of the number of employees (435,000).