DSL Full Form | Full Form of DSL
DSL Full Form - Digital Subscriber Line
Digital Subscriber Line(DSL)
- DSL stands for Digital subscriber line. DSL is a communication medium used to transfer high speed internet over standard copper wire telecommunication line. DSL offers the simplest cost, connectivity and services over other internet access types like broadband.
- Data transfer and conversation are often done simultaneously over a DSL. Over the 'voiceband' frequency range, voice signal is transmitted using low frequencies (0Hz to 4kHz). While digital signals are transmitted through high frequencies (25kHz to 1.5MHz). to ensure that call doesn't get interrupted by high frequencies, DSL filters or splitters are used.
Types of DSL
Types Of Digital Subscriber Line
- SDSL :
- Symmetric DSL provides equal bandwidth for both uploading and downloading and is usually preferred by small organizations.
- ADSL :
- Asymmetric DSL. Most users download more data then they upload, for this they use ADL. In this, downstream speed is much more than upstream. Uploading capacity might not work nearly as good as downloading capacity. Users who don't upload that much as compared to downloading can use ASDL. It's going to offer as high as 20 Mbps speed for downloading while for uploading 1.5 Mbps.
- HDSL :
- It's high bit-rate Digital telephone line . It's a wideband digital transmission which is used in a company site and between the phone company and its customers. It's a symmetrical line, offers equal bandwidth in both directions.
- RADSL :
- It's Rate-Adaptive DSL. During this DSL technology, the modem is capable of adjusting bandwidth and operating speed to maximise the data transfer. It supports both symmetrical and asymmetrical applications with variable speeds.
- VDSL :
- It's very high rate DSL. It's a developing DSL technology that gives more reliable internet experience than basic broadband. It offers much higher data transfer rate over short distances, e.g. 50 to 55 Mbps over lines up to 300 meters long .
- It is widely available.
- It is less expensive , offers more security.
- It is much reliable than other broadband service.
- It offers less speed than broadband service.
- It provides a limited range due to which internet quality is affected because of larger distance between main hub DSL provider and receiver.
- You can use both, Internet and phone line at the same time.
- The DSL speed is quicker than all the other modems.
- New Wiring isn't required for this, it uses the already existing Telephone Line.
- It is cheaper than Cable Connection.
- You can also take different Connection Speed consistent with different pricing.