SDM Full Form | Full Form of SDM
SDM Full Form - Sub Divisional Magistrate
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following SDM related questions: full form of sdm , full form of sdm in police , what is the full form of sdm , sdm full form
Sub Divisional Magistrate
- Full Form of SDM stands for Sub Divisional Magistrate. A district is split into subdivisions.
- Each subdivision is headed by an SDM who enjoys the powers of an Executive Magistrate and Collector.
- He performs various magisterial tasks under Criminal Procedure Code 1973 and several other minor acts.
- An SDM will be a junior member of the Indian Administrative Service or a senior member of the State Civil Services with relevant experience in subordinate positions.
- He has direct control over Tahsildars of his subdivision and serves as a channel of correspondence between the District Officer of the District and Tahsildars of his subdivision.
Some of the final responsibilities of an SDM are
- Revenue function
- Election work
- Registration of vehicles
- Registration of marriage
- Issue and renewal of driving licenses
- Issue and renewal of arm licenses
- Issue of certificates like SC/ST, OBC and Domicile