LPG Full Form | Full Form of LPG
LPG Full Form - Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following LPG related questions: full form of LPG , what is the full form of LPG , what is full form of LPG , full form of LPG gas
Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
- It's a generic name that refers to a group of flammable hydrocarbon gasses like propane, butane, isobutane, etc.
- These gasses are liquefied by pressurization and commonly used as fuel.
- LPG is colourless, odourless and heavier than air.
- It's a high heating or caloric value that permits it produce more heat during a short lifetime.
- It's a clean-burning fuel which is typically sold in cylinders of various sizes in liquid form. So, it's a transportable, convenient energy source that's easy to store, use and transport.
- The unpleasant smell of the LPG is due to the presence of an odorant which is added to LPG for safety reasons.
- LPG is extracted from gas and petroleum through processing and refining respectively. So, it's a fuel closely associated with oil. Around 65% of the LPG that we use is obtained directly from deep within the world.
- The remaining is manufactured indirectly from petroleum or crude oil found under the surface of Earth.
- It exists in two forms (liquid and vapor) that depend upon the pressure and temperate, e.g. When 270 liters of LPG (propane) is compressed it becomes one liter of liquid LPG.
- LPG has many domestic and industrial uses. A number of its main uses are given below;
- Cooking :
- For the cooking purpose, it's stored in liquid form during a cylinder or tank. It's a perfect fuel for cooking because it burns completely and doesn't produce smoke or leave any residue.
- Heating :
- LPG heaters generate radiant heat and convection heat. There also are in-built consoles or ducted heating plant in homes which use LPG to supply heat during winters. It's also wont to heat water flowing through a closed pipe system to radiators.
- Hot Water :
- LPG-operated geysers use LPG to produce hot water. They're commonly used in winters for bathing, washing, etc.
- Motor fuel :
- LPG is additionally used as a motor fuel in vehicles like cars, buses, etc. It's a cheap fuel as your vehicle will consume less LPG than petrol or diesel to travel an equivalent distance. Also, LPG is more environment-friendly because it burns completely without producing smoke and leaving the residue.
- Electricity :
- LPG is additionally used by the people that live during a self-sufficient manner (off-the-grid) to get electricity.