BAMS Full Form in Medical | Full Form of BAMS in Medical
BAMS Full Form - Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. It's an undergraduate degree awarded within the field of medicine to those that have completed the study of 5 and half year medicine course including one year internship.
- The minimum criteria to require admission during this course is to finish 12th class education with science.
- After passing the 12th class, the student is required to clear a state or national level BAMS entrance examination to get admission within the respective medical college.
What course contains
- The BAMS course curriculum contains in depth study of Ayurved topics along with the study of modern anatomy, principle of modern medicines, principle of surgery, ENT, pharmcology and lots of more.
- Ayurveda is an ancient medical system of India. It not only talks about the cure but also provides solutions to stop the recurrence of diseases.
- According to Ayurveda, the illness or diseases arise due to three kinds of dysfunctions in human body; Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Thus, this course features a unique combination of ancient Ayurved and Modern Medicine.
- This facilitates the BAMS graduate to use the modern medicines as well as the Ayurvedic medicines in practice.
Future after BAMS
- After completing the degree, the BAMS graduate can add following areas:
- Medical tourism
- MBA in Hospital Healthcare management
- General practice or hospital administration
- Herbal products manufactorer
- Take admission in MD or MS programs in Ayurved
- Msc in helth science or nutrition
- Health superviser
- Clinical reserch field
- Ayurved consultaion
- Panch karm (massage) centers
- Ayurvedic therapist
A student completed the BAMS degree is designeted as Ayurvedacharya. He can use the courtesy title "Doctor" upon registration as a medical practitioner.
Popular Ayurvedic Colleges in India
- Gujarat Ayurved University , Jamnagar
- Ayurvedic Medical College, Kolhapur
- Tibia College, Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences , Banglore
- Shri Ayurved Mahavidyalaya , Nagpur
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University
- Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh
- Bharati Vidyapeeth , Pune
- JB ROY State Medical College, Kolkata
- Government Ashtang Ayurveda College, Indore