GATE Full Form Exam | Full Form of GATE Exam
GATE Full Form - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following GATE related questions: full form of GATE , full form of GATE exam , what is full form of GATE , full form of GATE examination
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
- It's an entrance examination conducted annually for admission to varied post graduate programs in science and technology in India.
- The exam is conducted and supervised jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and 7 Indian Institute of technology on behalf of the department of HigherEducation, Ministry of Human Resource Department (HRD) Government of India.
- The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the great understanding of varied undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Masters Program of institutes also as jobs at Public Sector Companies.
- The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate.
- The score is used for admissions to varied post-graduate education schemes (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies.
- It is usually conducted per annum within the month of January or February. It’s one computer based paper of three hours duration. The paper mainly tests the great understanding of the candidate in undergraduate subjects of engineering.
- The GATE score is valid for 3 years. It reflects the relative performance of a candidate during a specific branch.
Type of Test
- This is a computer-based standardized test having 3 hour of duration.
- The candidates appearing for GATE exam must be graduated from a recognized board or university or studying within the last year of the engineering course i.e. B.Tech , B.E. B. Arch etc.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and people who are within the final year of such programs.
- Candidates qualified by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (for example: AMIE, AMICE) as these are like B.E. , B.Tech.
Subjects of Specialization
- Following is that the list of subjects during which GATE exam is conducted:
- Computer Science and information Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- It is conducted to get admission in post-graduate programs in engineering and science stream.
- It is a screening test for entry-level engineering jobs.
- GATE score is used by many PSUs for the recruitment of candidates, e.g. BARC , BHEL , HPCL, NTPC etc.
- It makes the candidates eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- It helps identify potential engineers and assist them in choosing their areas of research to pursue.