DHL Full Form | Full Form of DHL
DHL Full Form - Dalsey Hillblom Lynn
Dalsey Hillblom Lynn
- DHL stands for Dalsey Hillblom Lynn.
- It's a German logistic company providing international shipping and courier services.
- Its name is derived from the initials of the last name of its founders; Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn. It's headquartered in Bonn, Germany.
- The company employs around 300,000 employees everywhere the world and its services are available is more than 220 countries across the world.
- It uses numerous cargo transport systems like planes, boats and trains to serve its clients across the world. Deutsche Post World Net is that the parent company of DHL.
- DFL was established by Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn in 1969. It started working as a door-to-door express delivery service and transporting documents between San Francisco, California and Honolulu, Hawaii.
- In 1970, it had around 40 clients and it extended its services to incorporate Ohio, Portland, Guam and Los Angeles.
- In 1973, it commenced its services in New Zealand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand and Fiji.
- In 1979, it had been operating over 360 service centers and serving over 85,000 customers.
- In 1984, the first automated customer service system was established in Washington DC, USA.
- By 1988, it had been operating in 170 countries with employee strength of around 16,000. DHL Budapest was also established in 1988, after the venture of DHL with Hungary-based transport company, Hungarocamion.
- In 1990, DHL signed a worldwide Transport Alliance with Japan Airlines, Nissho Iwai and Lufthansa Cargo.
- In 1996, it opened a high-tech Express Logistic Centre in Singapore and introduced internet based system to trace shipments.
- In 1998, Deutsche Post AG acquired shares in DHL to align its European ground-based services with DHL.
- In 1999, DHL launched the DHL WAP Track, a tracking service for WAP-enabled mobile phones and devices.
- In 2001, it announced the formation of a new UK airline.
- In 2000, DHL launched the worldwide SMS tracking service to enable its customers to trace the shipments via text messages.
- In 2002, Deutsche Post World Net acquired the bulk (51%) of DHL shares and owned the DHL.
- In 2003, Deutsche Post World Net consolidated the whole express and logistic services of DHL into one single brand, DHL.
What does DHL do
- It is one among the most important International shipping, courier, and packaging service provider of the world. The company also owns an airline subsidiary, which is mentioned as DHL Aviation.