SAS Full Form | Full Form of SAS
SAS Full Form - Statistical Analysis Software
Statistical Analysis Software
- SAS stands for Statistical Analysis Software. It’s an integrated system of software products developed by SAS Inc. for advanced analysis, multivariate analysis, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics.
- The development of SAS started in 1966 and continued till 1976 when SAS Institute was incorporated by Anthony Barr, James Goodnight, John Sall and, Jane T. Helwig.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, SAS became more advanced with the addition of latest statistical procedures, additional components, and the introduction of JMP.
- It has been further developed when a point-and-click interface was added in version 9 in 2004, and a social media analytics product was added in 2010.
- SAS allows programmers to perform a good range of tasks such as:
- Retrieving information and data management.
- Statistical analysis, data mining and data management.
- Business planning, forecasting, monitoring, and decision support.
- Operation research and project management.
- Quality improvement and application development.
- Platform independent and remote computing, and more.
- SAS is a powerful tool. It can read and understand any kind of data and may also access data from any kind of format and software.
- By using if-then statement, you'll perform logical operations in SAS. You’ll run any statement in SAS in a loop, step by step, and the program is executed very quickly.
- In other formats, the ODS procedure is used to require the output, like HTML , RTF, Excel, etc.
- Furthermore, the macro will be made from the SAS program to meet the research needs.
The Main Windows in Sas
- The main windows in SAS are as follows:
- Editor window
- Log window
- Output window
- Result window
- Explored window
- Program is written in the editor window. Log window shows the program log file. The log file allows us to see the errors and proper them and rerun the program.
- The output and task window show the output. The files and the inbuilt of SAS are located in the Explorer window library.
- SAS programs run in two parts. The primary part is the data step, and the second part is that the proc step.
- In the data step, we create new data also as we will modify the prevailing data sets. In the proc step, we will perform all the analysis.