SSC Full Form in Education | Full Form of SSC
i) SSC Full Form - Staff Selection Commission
- Here, you’ll get the solution for following SSC related questions: full form of ssc , full form of ssc cgl , full form of ssc exam , full form of ssc and hsc , full form of ssc education , full form of ssc board
Staff Selection Commission
- Full Form of SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission. It’s an Indian organization which recruits staffs for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India. It also recruits for subordinates offices.
- The commission is headed by a chairman and there are two members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations to help the Chairman. It’s headquartered at New Delhi, India.
- Furthermore, the SSC includes a regional set-up so as to conduct exams smoothly. At this time, it's seven regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Bangalore and two sub-regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh.
- The Staff Service Commission conducts competitive examinations to recruits various services and posts.
- There are more than 20 types of jobs varies from group B to group C. Eligibility criteria is graduation in any stream from a recognized university to use for an SSC examination.
- Physical fitness and measurement also are required for a few posts just like the Sub-Inspector and Narcotics department.
Some of the main Functions of SSC
- To conduct recruitment for the Group "B" posts in the Ministries/ Departments of the government of India and their subordinate offices and for all non-technical Group "C" posts in the Ministries or Departments of Govt. of India and their subordinate offices.
- To conduct exams and interviews for the posts within its purview.
- To conduct departmental exams associated with promotion from a lower division to upper divisions.
- To conduct periodical typewriting tests in Hindi and English.
- To perform other functions entrusted to that by the Central Govt. from time to time
ii) SSC Full Form - Secondary School Certificate
Secondary School Certificate
- SSC stands for secondary school Certificate. The college Certificate examination, which is also called SSC or Matriculation examination, is a public examination conducted by various boards of education including CBSE and other state boards.
- It's also called 10th board exam as students of 10th grade or class appear in this examination.
- The SSC exam is conducted in many states of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It’s like GCSE in England.
- It’s followed by Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), i.e. the students who pass the SSC examination are eligible to appear in HSC.
Indian states which conduct SSC examination
- Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Kerala, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, and Madhya Pradesh are the Indian states which conduct SSC examination.
- The examination structure may differ from board to board. After the completion of this course students get the certificate with grades or percentage per their performance in the examination. In India, over 1.3 million students appeared in this exam in 2014.
Most common subjects for SSC examination
- Science & Technology
- Social Science
- Regional Language
Procedure and Schedule
- SSC exams are conducted annually at the national level by Central Board of secondary education in the month of March or April.
- The syllabus of various examination board is also different. To use for this examination one should got to enroll oneself in a central or state level senior secondary school.