ENT Full Form in Medical | What is the Full Form of ENT Doctor
ENT Full Form - Ear Nose Throat ( full form of ent )
- ENT stands for Ear Nose Throat. ( full form of ent )
- It's the branch of drugs and surgery that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat and therefore the head and neck disorders. It's also referred to as otolaryngology. So, an ENT specialist may be a physician who is trained within the treatment of the ear, nose, throat and related body parts.
- In the UK, the head and Neck Surgery (HNS) is additionally included in ENT.
- The ENT specialists also are called ENTs, ENT doctors or otolaryngologists.
Full Form of ENT
Otolaryngologists treat sort of conditions, a number of which are given below:
- Hearing loss and ear disorders like ear infection, dizziness and tinnitus
- Allergies like pollinosis , seasonal rhinitis
- Infections like sinusitis and tonsillitis
- Congenital or acquired abnormalities like drooping eyelids, loss of smell , cleft palate , deviated septum.
- Difficulty swallowing
- Speech disorder like hoarseness and laryngitis
- Tumors of the ear, nose and throat mouth etc.
- Otology/Audiology :
- Medical and surgery of the ear and therefore the nerve pathways linked with hearing and balance.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology :
- Medical and surgery of the ear, nose and throat in children.
- Head and Neck Areas :
- Treatment of cancerous or noncancerous tumors within the head and neck.
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery:
- Treatment of cosmetic or functional abnormalities of the face.
- Rhinology :
- Treatment of the nose and sinuses.
- Laryngology :
- Treatment of the throat including the voice.
- Allergy :
- Treatment of the inhalant allergies.
- Neurotology :
- Treatment of the neurological disorders of the ear.