OBC Full Form | Full Form of OBC
OBC Full Form - Oriental Bank of Commerce
Oriental Bank of Commerce
- The full form of OBC is that the Oriental Bank of Commerce. It's a public sector bank founded in Pakistan’s Lahore in 1943.
- Within the year 1980, it had been nationalized and its headquarter is found in Gurugram, Haryana.
- It's a network distributed throughout India of more than 2000 subsidiaries. Its declaration of vision specifies that the bank aims to be a customer-friendly premier bank dedicated to increasing stakeholders’ importance.
History of OBC
- It was established by the late Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal in Lahore, Pakistan, in February 1943.
- The divisions in Pakistan closed down in 1947 because the partition and office were relocated from Lahore to Amritsar.
- Its registered office was relocated to Delhi in 1951.
- In April 1980, it had been nationalized.
- The bank established its merchant banking unit in 1992.
- Punjab Co-operative Bank & Bari Doab Bank combined with OBC in 1997.
- The bank entered into an arrangement with Citibank to launch a co-branded credit card within the subsequent year.
- It found out a Special Branch & asset recovery division in Mumbai & Delhi in 1999.
- In 2002, a professional branch for female entrepreneurs was founded and linked up with Corporation Bank to share their atms.
- In 2003, it collaborated with Infosys Technologies & Wipro to introduce the CBC (Centralized Banking Solution).
- Global Trust Bank was integrated with OBC in 2004.
- The bank signed an mou with IL & FS Investment Securities in 2006 to provide clients with the facility to trade online.
- The bank signed into an arrangement with Escorts in 2007 to provide farmers with funds to permit them to buy tractors.
- It joined into a distribution tie-up with the asset management firm Kotak Mahindra in 2008.
Main objectives of the OBC
- The following statements are included within the main OBC objectives:
- Providing creative and reliable services in line with consumer standards using state-of-the-art technology
- Improving the technical skills of workers and fostering cooperation between them.
- To produce wealth for clients and shareholders.
Service offered by OBC
Service of Obc
- OBC provides its customers with a broad range of financial products in various categories, like,
- Deposits like a term deposit, current account and saving account.
- Retail loans like mortgage loans, vehicle loans, home loans, personal loans, etc.
- Forex service includes trade & finance, forex card rate, foreign exchange, etc.
- Digital banking services like ATM , BHIM , internet & mobile banking, debit card, etc.