SOS Full Form Medical Term | Full Form of SOS | What is SOS Full Form
SOS Full Form - Save Our Souls ( full form of sos )
Save Our Souls
- SOS stands for Save Our Souls. It's also referred as Save Our Ship. It's a Morse which is used as a distress code to signal danger.
- Code signals that an person is in danger and needs immediate help.
- The SOS distress code may be a sequence of three dots, three dashes and three dots with none space.
- In International Morse, three dots represent letter S and three dashes represent letter O.
- The code was historically employed by the ships to signal danger afterward it had been related to ?Save Our Ship? or ?Save Our Souls? to remember the correct letters (SOS) of the code. So, actually ,SOS doesn't represent anything.
- It was introduced on April 1, 1905 by the German government in radio regulations.
- It became the worldwide standard after it had been included within the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention.
- It became effective on Dominion Day, 1908.
- In 1999, this maritime radio distress call was replaced by the worldwide Maritime Distress and Safety System.