HTTP Full Form in Computer | HTTP Full Form in English
HTTP Full Form - Hyper Text Transfer protocol
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol is an application protocol used for data communication.
- It’s the base of data communication in World Wide Web. It provides a standard for web browsers that facilitate users to exchange information over internet.
- HTTP is used by most of the websites to access any file or page. HTTP is a request-response protocol in the client server computing model.
- It’s an application layer protocol designed within the framework of Internet Protocol Suite.
HTTP Request Response
What is hypertext
- A text containing a link within it is known as hypertext. If you click on a word on a webpage and it redirect you on a replacement page, it means you have clicked on a hypertext.
How HTTP works
- When you enter a URL in your browser to access any particular file or page, the protocol fetches information from the server and responses back that requested website to the client. You need to write down http before the address of the page.
For example: If you would like to access any website like www.wikitechy.com then you write: http://www.wikitechy.com
History of HTTP
- Tim Berners Lee and his team at CERN gets credit for inventing original HTTP and associated technologies.
- HTTP version 0.9 :
- This was first version of HTTP which was introduced in 1991.
- HTTP version 1.0 :
- In 1996, RFC 1945 (Request For Comments) was introduced in HTTP version 1.0.
- HTTP version 1.1 :
- In January 1997, RFC 2068 was introduced in HTTP version 1.1. Improvements and updates to HTTP version 1.1 standards were released under RFC 2616 in June 1999.
- HTTP version 2.0 :
- The HTTP version 2.0 specifications were published as RFC 7540 on May 14, 2015.
- HTTP version 3.0 :
- HTTP version 3.0 is predicated on previous RFC draft. It’s renamed as Hypertext Transfer Protocol QUIC which may be a transport layer network protocol developed by Google.
- Memory usage and CPU usage are low due to less simultaneous connections.
- Since there are few TCP connections hence network congestion is less.
- Since handshaking is finished at initial connection stage, then latency is reduced because there's no further need of handshaking for subsequent requests.
- The error is reports without closing connection.
- HTTP allows HTTP pipe-lining of request or response.
- HTTP requires high power to establish communication and transfer data.
- HTTP is a smaller amount secure, because it doesn't uses any encryption method like https use TLS to encrypt normal http requests and response.
- HTTP isn't optimized for cellular phone and it's too gabby.
- HTTP doesn't offer genuine exchange of data because it's less secure.