NCW Full Form | Full Form of NCW
NCW Full Form - National Commission for Women
National Commission for Women
- The full form of the NCW is National Commission for Women. It's a statutory organization of the Government of India.
- It had been created under the National Commission for ladies Act, 1990, in January 1992.
- It aims to review the constitutional and legal protections, prescribe remedial measures, facilitate prompt resolution of grievances, and advise the government on women’s policies.
- A chairperson, three members and a member secretary make up the present NCW since about July 2017. The central government appoints the chairman and representatives. In New Delhi, India, its head office is found.
Significant Activities of NCW
- Listed are some of NCW’s significant functions:
- Study and suggest changes to the existing constitutional provisions & other laws that affect women if faults are identified.
- Women’s education regarding their civil rights & the processes by which their rights are getting used.
- Supporting women in rectifying their complaints
- Coordinating the timely distribution of justice to women in several parts of India through Parivarik Mahila Lok Adalats.
- Help and proposals on the development process for women’s socio-economic growth.
- Assess the effects of the participation of women at a union or state level.
- Jail examination, home confinement, or any custody location where women are held as inmates and take appropriate action if necessary.