NCB Full Form | Full Form of NCB
NCB Full Form - Narcotics Control Bureau
Narcotics Control Bureau
- NCB stands for Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). It’s an apex coordinating and intelligence of India.
- It aims to fight drug trafficking and therefore the abuse of illegal substances. It’s headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- It’s established in March 1986 under the Section 4 (3) of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act, 1985.
Charter of NCB
- To coordinate actions of officers, government and similar authorities under the Customs Act, 1962, the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, etc.
- Execution of responsibility regarding counter-measures against illegal traffic under various international conventions.
- To assist the concerned authorities in foreign countries and other international organizations in coordination and universal action against illicit traffic in narcotics drugs and psychotropic substances.
- To coordinate the actions taken against drug abuse by different Ministries like Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Welfare, etc.
Functions of NCB
- The NCB performs various functions in accordance with its charter a number of the main functions are given below:
- Coordinate the actions of varied Central and State Agencies engaged in drug law enforcement.
- Assists the States in their drug enforcement efforts.
- Collects and disseminates the intelligence inputs.
- Analyzes the seizure data, studies the trends and routine.
- Prepares the National Drug Enforcement Statistics.
- Develops relationship with international agencies like INCB, INTERPOL, UNDCP, etc.