KGF Full Form | What is the Full Form Of KGF
KGF Full Form - Kolar Gold Fields
- KGF stands for Kolar Gold Fields.
- A gold mining area located at Bangarpettaluk in Kolar District of Karnataka, India.
- It had been one among the main gold mines in India, which was closed 2001 due to increased production costs, reducing deposits and low gold production.
Kolar Gold Fields
- It was a famous site for gold in past and therefore second deepest goldmines in the world.
- It had been also mentioned as "Little England" by then British population due to its pleasant weather and mesmerizing landscape.
- Even today, you'll see British bungalows, well-planned streets, and structures at this place.
- A golf course was also established in 1885 at KGF for British employees of the gold mines, and it's registered under the Indian Golf Union.
Interesting facts about KGF
Kolar Gold Fields-Interesting facts
- Kotilingeshwara, a famous Lord Shiva temple, is found at a distance of 5 km from the KGF.
- The first-ever hydroelectric plant in India was built at Shivanasamudra to supply electricity to the KGF.
- The head office of National Institute of Miners health is additionally located in KGF.
- Silicosis which may be a lung diseases generally caused by dust arising due to mining was first noticed in KGF.
- The first-ever ionizing radiation neutrino interaction happened within the world happened in 1965 in KGF.
- It had been a joint project of India, Japan, and therefore the UK.
- The longest passenger rail of the world, "Swarna Express" starts from KGF up to Bangalore.