QBASIC Full Form | Full Form of QBASIC
QBASIC Full Form - Quick Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
Quick Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
- The name QBASIC is an acronym for Quick Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. It had been developed and launched by Microsoft within the year 1991 and is taken into account to be one among the most ideal languages for absolute beginners.
- It had been intended as a new for GW-BASIC. QBASIC was supported earlier QuickBasic 4.5 compiler. It doesn't produce .exe files but instead generates files with extension .bas which may only be executed immediately by the in-built QBASIC interpreter.
- It's supported DOS operating systems but is additionally executable on windows.
QBASIC consists of two windows
- The window titled as ‘Untitled’ is that the program window. It's the place where program/code is written.
- The window below Program Window titled as ‘Immediate’ is that the immediate window. This window is used as a debugging tool and is used when the user wants to see the output of one statement.
Applications of QBASIC
- QBasic is that the most suitable language for the beginners to start out with. It introduces people to programming without any got to worry about the inner working of the computer.
- QBasic is very easy and simple to use and make business applications, for creating games and even simple databases.
- It offers commands like SET, CIRCLE, LINE, etc which permit the programmer to draw using QBASIC. Hence, graphics also can be created using QBasic.
- QBasic also supports creating sounds of some desired frequency through the speakers of your PC. Though just one sound is played directly.
Advantages of QBasic
- The key feature of the language is its close resemblance to English.
- Syntax of your code is checked automatically.
- QBASIC features a dynamic program debugging feature.
- Lengthy programs is broken into smaller modules.
Disadvantages of QBasic
- The language isn't structured.
- QBASIC is DOS based and has now become obsolete and is restricted only in the field of education and programming.