JCV Full Form | What is the Full Form Of JCV
JCV Full Form - John Cunningham Virus
John Cunningham Virus
- JCV stands for John Cunningham Virus. It's a neurotropic virus that belongs to the Polyomaviridae family of viruses.
- It causes an infection of the brain and medulla spinalis called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML).
- JCV infects only humans, particularly those people that are affected by AIDS or a have weak system.
- It infects the substantia alba of the brain and therefore the cells that are liable for making myelin. It's going to cause permanent disabilities and even death.
- The virus is carried by a majority of individuals and is harmless until it's activated.
- It gets activated when an persons system weakens due to a disease or immunosuppressive medication.
- This virus was discovered in 1971. It had been found within the brain of a person who had Hodgkin's lymphoma, so it had been named then man.
- It's a little virus that has double-stranded DNA, but doesn't have an envelope.
- The symptoms of JC viral infection vary from person to person depending on the area of the brain that's infected.
Symptoms John Cunningham Virus
- Some common symptoms are as follows:
- Trouble speaking
- Vision problems
- Depressed or anxious mood