VFX Full Form | What is the Full Form of VFX
VFX Full Form - Visual Effects
- VFX stands for Visual Effects. It a technology that's used to create videos out of a combination of live actions shots and digital images.
- In actions movies, you'd have seen the hero jumping from the helicopter or fighting with giant monsters, of these scenes are created using VFX.
- It deals with the consolidation of real-life footage and computer-generated imagery (CGI) to create situations, which looks real and sensible and otherwise would be costly, risky, and impractical to shoot on film.
- In short, in VFX you manipulate CGI and combination it into live actions captured with film making.
- VFX is flexible as it will be used to create a large range of video creation from live footage visuals, altered videos, and computer-generated imageries.
- In VFX, the foremost commonly used tool is the green screen, which may be a background that may be easily removed from behind the actor after creating the specified images on the background.
- This visual effects can't be created on a movie physically, so they are created virtually through computer graphics.
- Furthermore, timing is an important think about VFX, e.g., when and how an effect is created plays an important part in creating a video.
- It’s generally done during the post-production process but planned during the building or initial phase of the method.
- Like changing the simple background into the ocean, forest, stadium, etc., after shooting the scene with the simple green background.
- VFX is different from CGI (computer-generated imagery) which is an application of computer graphics (imaging software) which allows you create images, characters, and video games that look real and which cannot be possible to form using other methods.
Types of VFX
- The VFX will be categorized into five different categories:
- Simulation FX
- Matte painting
Types of Visual Effects
Job Titles for a VFX artist
- Concept artist
- Digital Paint Artist
- Layout Artist
- Match Move artist
- Matte Painter
- Roto Artist
- Technical Director
- VFX Supervisor