TRP Full Form in Media | Full Form of TRP | What is the Full Form Of TRP
TRP Full Form - Television Rating Point
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following TRP related questions: full form of trp , what is full form of trp , full form of trp in media , full form of trp rating , trp full form
Television Rating Point
- TRP stands for Television Rating Point. It’s a tool which indicates the recognition of a TV program.
- It’s used to judge that which TV program is viewed most. This provides an index of the choice of the people and shows the popularity of the actual program.
- A program with higher TRP indicates that the program is viewed by a large number of viewer.
- Its data is extremely useful for the advertisers because, they place their advertisements during the programs with higher TRPs.
How TRP is calculated
- Presently, INTAM (Indian Television Audience Measurement) is the only agency which is working in the area of TRP calculation.
- It works on two methods:
- Frequency Monitoring Method
- Picture Matching Technique
Frequency Monitoring Method
- To calculate TRP in this method, a tool is attached to the TV sets of few thousand viewers' houses to evaluate.
- This device is named as People's meter and records the time and the program that the viewer watches on a specific day. Then an average is taken for 30-day period to understand viewership status. People's meter is a very costly device which is imported from abroad.
Picture Matching Technique
- In this technique, People's meter is continuously records a small portion of the image that's watched on a specific television set. Then data is collected from the sample homes and used to calculate the national rating. This method is more reliable and comparatively new in India.