ASP Full Form | What is the Full Form of ASP
ASP Full Form - Active Server Page
Active Server Page
- ASP stands for Active Server Page. ASP was developed by Microsoft to permit programmers to make a dynamic website.
- It's the primary server side script engine and now has been superseded by ASP.NET.
- ASP is an HTML page that has one or more scripts.
- Scripts are processed by an ASP interpreter on an internet server by using input requested for a page to access data from a database before delivering it to the receiver.
- File Extension: .asp (for ASP)
- File Extension: .aspx (for ASP.NET)
- It's similar to other scripting languages just like PHP, and JSP.
- When your browser URL show an ".asp" or ".aspx" suffix, then you're visiting an ASP page.
- ASP may be a feature of Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), but because it handles HTML page, it's supported by all browsers.
- You'll create an ASP file by including Jscript or VBScript in an HTML file.
What ASP Can Do
- It responds to user's request submitted from HTML forms.
- It is simple and provides a greater speed as compared to Perl and CGI.
- It is secured as ASP code is hidden within the browser and cannot be viewed.
- It can add or change the content of the online page.
- It can access any type of data and returns the result to browser.
ASP Full Form : Application Service Provider
- ASP also stands for Application Service Provider. An ASP is business providing internet applications and other related services to their customers across a wide area network.
- ASPs are how for companies to outsource their services associated with information technology to the customers. They'll be private enterprises or government organizations.
Uses of ASP
- HTML forms submitted user's request acknowledged by ASP.
- In contrast to Perl and CGI, ASP is uncomplicated and makes available for using a significant speed.
- In the browser, ASP code is concealed, which makes ASP secured and cannot be contemplated.
- The content of the online page are often changed or modified by ASP by additional content.
- The access to any type of data are often processed by ASP and it can return the consequences of results to the browser.
Advantages of ASP
- ASP file are often created by a user by including Jscript or Vb Script in an HTML file.
- Through built-in Windows NT Challenge/Response authentication and per-application configuration, ASP Keeps user ASP.net applications secured.
- ASP has minimized the lengthy written codes needed to develop substantial applications.
- ASP may be a server-side scripting technology which before displaying its code on the web browser, it first executes on the Windows server.
- On ASP, the web pages, multiple components, and applications, which are running over it, are monitors rigorously by the windows web server.
Disadvantages of ASP
- ASP on a Windows server platform requires IIS installed in running ASP programs, which costs higher as IIS isn't free.
- ASP is comparatively slower than PHP.
- ASP is actually associated with the Windows platform with ASP-Apache installed on the server, so it's not a platform compatible page like PHP.
- ASP doesn't have any in-built features like FTP, mechanisms of encryption and email from a webpage.