FAX Full Form | What is the Full Form of FAX
FAX Full Form - Facsimile
Full Form of FAX
- FAX is that the short form of Facsimile. It's generally written and spoken as FAX.
- It's a scanned copy of text and pictures printed on a paper, sent from one party to a different through a telephone line.
- The device used to send documents electronically over a telephone network is named fax machine.
How it works
- FAX machine may be a combination of scanner and printer exclusively.
- Scanner first scans the page and converts into fixed graphic image then bitmap and transfers it through telephone line.
- If an individual has got to send a document through fax copy, he inserts a paper into the Fax machine, the machine stores the copy of the document and converts into fixed graphic image and transfer it through a telephone line at the receiver end.
- The fax technology was invented by Alexander Bain in 1842. He was the first one that became ready to transmit image/text through signals from telephone line. .
- Later, Frederick Bakewell improved the Bain's invention and created the primary image telegraph almost like today's fax machine.
- The fax technology was become outdated in 21th century when the newer technology named "email" comes into existence.
Why email is preferred over FAX
- The quality of knowledge sent over internet is better than Fax.
- Sending data over internet is cheaper than sending it over Fax.
- No need of additional hardware for sending data over internet unlike Fax.
- There is no got to be present a person while sending data.
- It's automatically saved in email id and he's ready to use it whenever he needs.
- It can transfer data faster and simply than FAX machine which saves some time and energy.
- Fax machine may experience paper jam which may damage the first document.
- You can send the data to multiple people in click by using the CC or BCC email fields.
- You can provide additional information by attaching images, videos, files etc.