CVC Full Form | Full Form of CVC
CVC Full Form - Central Vigilance Commission
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following CVC related questions: full form CVC , CVC full form , CVC full form in medical
Central Vigilance Commission
- The full form of CVC is that the Central Vigilance Commission. CVC is an Indian governmental apex established in 1964 to counter corruption in government. Parliament passed a law in 2003 that confers legislative status on the CVC.
- It's the reputation of an autonomous entity, independent of the influence of any executive authority.
- It's concerned with overseeing all vigilance activities across India’s Central Government, guiding various authorities in central government agencies on the preparation, execution, analysis and improvement of their vigilance task.
- On 11 February 1964, on the suggestions of the Committee on Prevention of Corruption, led by the Shri K. Santhanam Committee, it had been formed by the Indian Government Resolution to guide and direct Central Government organizations within the area of vigilance.
- Nittoor Srinivasa Rau has been appointed as India’s first Chief Vigilance Commissioner.
Structure of CVC
- The Commission typically comprises
- Chairperson - A Commissioner for Local Vigilance.
- Members - Two or but two members of Vigilance Commissioners.
Primary duties of CVC
- To examine the DSPE (Delhi Special Police Establishment) inquiries concerning offences performed underneath the PC Act.
- The investigation about any payment during which a public servant of an organization is involved during a corrupt manner.
- To investigate complaints obtained under the informer’s disclosure of public concern and security, and to recommend corrective action.