PAN Full Form | Full Form of PAN Card
PAN Full Form - Permanent Account Number
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following PAN related questions, full form of PAN , full form of PAN card , full form of PAN India , full form of PAN in computer , full form of PAN number
Permanent Account Number
- PAN stands for Permanent Account Number.
- This is often a card containing unique ten-digit alpha numeric combination issued by the income tax Department of India.
- This card is issued by income tax Department of India, under section 139A of Indian income tax Act 1961.
Format of a Pan Card
- The unique ten digit alpha numeric combination is arranged within the following format:
- First five characters are letters, next four are numerals and therefore the last character is also letter.
- The first three letters are sequence of alphabets, from AAA to ZZZ.
- The fourth character specifies about the holder of the cardboard. Each holder is uniquely defined as below:
- A - Association of Persons (AOP)
- B - Body of individuals (BOI)
- C - Company
- F - Firm
- G - Government
- H - HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
- L - agency
- J - Artificial Judicial Person
- P - Individual
- T - AOP (Trust)
- The fifth character shows on the PAN card is that the first character of the surname or surname of the person, within the case of a "Personal" PAN card, where the fourth character is "P" or of the name of the Entity, Trust, society, or organization within the case of Company/ HUF/ Firm/ AOP/ BOI / Local Authority/ Artificial Judicial Person/ Government, where the fourth character is "C","H","F","A","T","B","L","J","G".
Types of PAN
- Following are the various kinds of PAN:
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- Corporation / Company
- Artificial Judicial Person
- Limited Liability Partnerships/ Firm
- Association of person
Eligibility for PAN Card
- The following are the eligibility criteria for owning PAN numbers.
- Just in case of people applying for PAN number, they ought to be a citizen of India has valid address and date of birth and ID proof.
- The proof to substantiate the ID might be a driver’s license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s card, etc.
Hindu Undivided Families
- The top of the family who is additionally referred to as Karta just in case of Hindu Undivided Family, could apply for a PAN number on behalf of other members of the family by providing ID proof like address proof, date of birth of the members of the HUF.
- In the minors’ cases, the guardians could apply for the PAN number on their behalf by providing their own ID proofs.
- In the case of citizens living outside India, they will apply for the PAN number by providing a statement of the country during which he/she currently resides because the address proof.
- Companies applying for the PAN numbers should be registered with the ROC and will provide the registration certificate as ID proof.
- Limited liability firms or partnerships should be registered with the relevant authority to get the PAN number and provide a copy of registration as ID proof.
- Association of an individual registered with appropriate authority can get the PAN number by providing their registration certificate.