ESIC Full Form | What is the Full Form of ESIC
ESIC Full Form - Employees State Insurance Corporation
- ESIC stands for Employees State Insurance Corporation. It's a state-run organization established under the 1948 Employee State Insurance Act and is liable for the administration of the ESI Scheme.
- The organization aims to supply Social Security to the labours and employees who earn below Rs. 25000 in India, including their relations.
- It was established to offer an all-inclusive insurance system that might help the workers during emergencies like sickness, disability, accident, maternity, or death.
- The headquarters of ESIC is in New Delhi. It's 23 regional offices, 26 sub-regional offices within the states and over 800 local offices across the country to support the implementation of the ESI scheme.
Full Form of ESIC
- The ESIC administers the ESI (Employee State Insurance) scheme.
- The advantages given by the ESI scheme are in line with the conventions of the International Labour Organization.
- The cash required for this scheme is drawn from the employers and therefore the workers. So, it's a self-financed comprehensive Social security scheme devised to guard the workers covered under the scheme against financial needs during sickness and treatment
Structure of ESIC
- The director-general of ESIC is appointed by the central government. The chief powers within the corporation are vested in a committee formed of the members of the ESIC.
- There's also a Medical Benefit Council that advises the ESIC on matters associated with medical benefit. The medical benefits are prescribed by the govt after consulting the Corporation.
- All the beneficiaries are entitled to plain medical and surgical treatments.
Benefits of ESI Scheme
- Medical Benefit
- Sickness Benefit
- Disability Benefit
- Maternity Benefit
- Benefits to Dependents
- Funeral Expenses