DSP Full Form in Police | Full Form of DSP in Police
DSP Full Form - Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following DSP Related Questions full form of DSP , full form of DSP in police , what is the full form of DSP , full form of DSP in police department , what is full form of DSP , what is full form of DSP
Deputy Superintendent of Police
- DSP stands for Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- It's a rank of a policeman within the local department in India. DSP is a state policeman who represents state police forces.
- The rank insignia of this officer is a national emblem above one star on shoulder strap.
- DSP is like Assistant Commissioner of Police and will be promoted to IPS after few years of service counting on the principles of government.
- Examinations are conducted periodically to recruit police officers on to this rank.
- Inspectors also are promoted to the present rank after the specified number of years of service.
How to Become DSP
- The candidate who wants to become DIG has got to appear within the state level exam conduction by the State Public Service Commission.
- The candidates who clear this exam undergo probationary training before getting posted as DSP.
Requirements for the Exam
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university or educational institute.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and will not be over 30 years old. For SC/ST candidates there's a relaxation of 5 years within the upper age limit.
- The minimum height required for male candidate is 168 cms and for female candidate, it's 155 cms.
- The minimum chest required for men is 84 cms with minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Written Exam (Preliminary and Main Exam)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Interview and Medical