UTI Full Form in Medical | Full Form of UTI in Medical
UTI Full Form - Urinary Tract Infection
- UTI stands for Urinary Tract Infection. It’s an infection of the urinary tract. It usually caused by bacteria and may happen in any type of the urinary tract like kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra.
- UTI is the common medical condition in females as around 50% of all females suffer from UTI during their lifetime.
- The UTIs that affect upper the urinary tract (kidneys and ureters) are rare but more severe than lower tract UTIs that affect bladder and urethra.
Urinary Tract Infection
The symptoms of UTI may vary from person to person depending on which a type of the urinary tract is infected.
- Common symptoms of lower the urinary tract (bladder and urethra) infection are as follows:
- Burning sensation during urination.
- Frequent urination without passing much urine.
- Cloudy urine or blood in urine.
- Strong odor in urine.
- Pelvic pain in women.
- Rectal pain in men
Symptoms of Bladder and Urethra
- Common symptoms of upper the urinary tract (kidneys and ureters) infection are as follows
- Pain in the upper back
Symptoms of Kidneys and Ureters
- The majority of UTIs are caused by pathogens, particularly bacteria like E.coli.
- The pathogen enters the urinary tract through urethra or anus. From urethra it reaches the bladder where it starts in multiplying.
- The infection usually occurs by the bladder & urethra. The infection of the bladder is known as the cystitis and infection of the urethra is known as the urethritis.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don't hold urine for longer duration.
- Don't use deodorants spray in the genital area.
- Eat fruits loaded with vitamin C.
- Wipe from the front to back after urinating or the bowel movement.
- Empty your bladder after intercourse.