RFID Full Form | Full Form of RFID
RFID Full Form - Radio Frequency Identification
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following RFID related questions: full form of RFID , full form of RFID card , full form of RFID in computer , RFID full form
Radio frequency Identification
- RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification. It's a technology which is used to track RFID tags and to capture the data encoded in these tags.
- It uses radio waves to identify and track tags attached to objects. The tags contain information which is stored electronically. So, it's a kind of wireless communication that uses electromagnetic or electrostatic coupling within the radio frequency to identify an object, animal, or person to which a tag is attached.
- Today, RFID is used in various industries like automobile, pharmaceuticals, and may even be implanted in livestock and pets to identify them.
How RFID Works ?
- RFID is an Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) technology.
- Using radio waves, it automatically identifies objects, gathers data about them, and enter this data into computer systems with little or no human intervention.
- An RFID system comprises three basic components : a scanning antenna, a transceiver, and a transponder.
- The scanning antenna and transceiver are collectively referred to as RFID reader or interrogator. It's a network-connected device that uses radio frequency waves to transmit signals that activate the RFID tag.
- The transponder is located in the RFID tag itself and comprises an integrated circuit and an antenna.
- After activation, the tag sends a signal back to the antenna or RFID reader, where it's translated into meaningful data.
- The data is then transferred through a communication interface to a host computer system, where it's stored in a database and analyzed.